BHHS open to community members during Bloomfield Township’s Annual Open House

The new Bloomfield Hills High School building was open to the public for tours during Bloomfield Township’s annual Open House this year.

This was the first time we partnered with Bloomfield Township on this event, and it was an honor to be a part of it,” BHS Director of Communications and Community Relations Shira Good said. “They invited us to participate, and our current configuration, with the new school, has now allowed us to do so.”

According to Good, the 2016 BHHS Open House, held on Sunday, October 9th, was the first opportunity for most community members to visit the new high school building.

“The idea was to provide family fun and an opportunity to walk through the high school, since so many people have yet to see it,” she said.

Good explained that “a tremendous amount of people [walked] through the building, including a huge number of young families. It was exciting to hear so many parents tell their kids that this will be their high school someday. The Township officials told me they typically see a few thousand people at this event, and I believe it after watching the volume of guests walk through the school.”

According to Good, BHS staff members, the Charles L. Bowers School Farm, Aramark, the BHHS National Honor Society, and Bloomfield Youth Assistance, as well as others, supported the event.

A number of BHS community members toured the new high school, some of which for the first time.

This is my second time in the new [high school]. I think [the building] its very impressive,” community member Julie Higgins said.

According to community member Joe Soto, the new BHHS is “pretty amazing. It looks pretty modern and very clean. [I will have a student here].”

Community member Christine Smith reiterated Soto’s point.

“It is beautiful. I like how open it is. There are lots of windows and lots of light. Everything is very bright and clean,” she said.

During the Open House, future Black Hawks also saw their future school.

BHS seventh grade student Jules McClary explained her excitement in touring it, expressing that she approves of the new building.

Annette LeRoux, a graduate of Andover High School, explained that the new building “is amazing. It is beautiful, clean, and well-organized, lots of open spaces,” she said. “I like the common, open area in the courtyard, one of my favorite things. It’s an area to appreciate.”