Is Cheating Getting Worse?

I’m Alexandria Grant with a WBFH editorial.
Alex: “Do you have any 3’s?”
Nick: “Nope go fish!”
Alex: “Dang it!”
Nick: “Haha… Hmm… Do you have any 7’s?”
Alex: *sighs* “Yes”
Nick: “Yes! I win again!”
Alex: “How do you keep winning?”
Nick: “I’m just that good! now let’s get something to eat, I’m starving!”
Alex: “Me too. Wait, what’s that sticking out of your jacket?”
*Jacket unzipping and cards fall out*
Alex: “Nick! you cheated!
Nick: “Hahaha…”

We have all cheated once in our lives, during a game, a sport, homework, test, or in a relationship. But has it gotten worse? I’m here to say it yes it has. In the past cheating was used sometimes because of test they really need to pass a test. But now it’s the only thing that half of students and adults know. Cheating has grown over the years. 60.8% of polled college students admitted to cheating, in a 2007 poll conducted by the popular website CollegeHumor. They revealed that 60.8% of 30,000 respondents confessed to cheating on their assignments and tests. Now in 2017, there was another survey for
The Josephson Institute Center for Youth Ethics. They surveyed 43,000 high school students in public and private schools and found that:
59% of high school students admitted cheating on a test during the last year. 34% self-reported doing it more than two times. One out of three high school students admitted that they used the Internet to plagiarize an assignment. The percentages have gone up over the years, and now becoming more advanced. Like answers are written on the paper around the water bottle, on the bottom of their shoes, inside a coat and even using a glasses. The cheating should really not, not progress, what’s so hard about studying and working hard in school to get an A’s on the test.

The views expressed are not necessarily those of WBFH, its management, staff, or the Bloomfield Hills school district. I’m Alexandria Grant and you’re listening to 88.1.