AirPods: Cons

Jillian Sacksner, Staff Writer

It seems that after winter break and numerous gift-giving holidays, everyone has AirPods. However, for school, it has dangerous repercussions for learning and focus in class. There are many negative things about AirPods, more than positive.

AirPods can be seen in many students’ ears during class, which prevents them from focusing. Although even before AirPods students were constantly listening to music with earbuds, the issue has become much worse. This is because students are now capable to easily hide the AirPods under hair or sweatshirts.

The little speakers are also detrimental because the teachers are not able to stop the students from listening. Before, when teachers could see the headphones they could stop it, but now that the strings aren’t attached, the teachers can not end it. Because of this, students grades will suffer because they can not pay attention while blasting their favorite songs, and listening to Netflix.

AirPods are also bad because you can not use them and also use regular earbuds at the same time. Meaning that even though there is a headphone jack available it does not work while using AirPods. Meaning, you are only able to use one set of earbuds at once. This is a disappointment because if 2 sets of headphones could listen to the same thing that would add a great feature for people to share and watch the same thing with each other.

Finally, AirPods can not hold up to the high pedestal they are put on because of the outrageous price of them. While most earbuds can cost anywhere from 1 dollar to 100, AirPods are pricier than all. Costing 159 dollars before tax! This is a ridiculous price for bluetooth headphones. Even though they are Apple brand, and all Apple products are overpriced, these are especially expensive. Since this is true, it makes AirPods less available for most people trying to make them a luxury item when they should be able to be bought by everyone.

Â