BHHS hosts Broadway Review Fundraiser

Bloomfield Hills High School students participate in a Broadway Review to fundraise for Camp Casey, a non-profit program for children with cancer.

Freshman Efiyenia Stavropoulos and sophomore Emily Williams adjust their makeup before the show.

The cast starts off the show with a performance of “Circle of Life” from The Lion King, starting the number within the audience and finishing onstage.

Sophomore Vikram Lakshmanan and his dance company perform the Irish dance number “Strings of Fire” from Lord of the Dance.

Senior Panayotis Stavropoulos and junior Ethan Denk reenact a scene from the musical Zorba, including a Greek dance number.

Seniors Sam Buyers and Maddie Fox and sophomore Ava Meyer conclude the first act with “At the Ballet” from Chorus Line with freshmen Efiyenia Stavropoulos and Rachel Lybeck and sophomore Rachel Beltowski and performing a ballet number in the background.

Juniors Adrianna Lee and Leah Louis-Ferdinand perform a scene from Current Economic Condition in which the two characters perform a mock job interview.

Senior Liz Bates, junior Mycah Butler and sophomores Rachel Beltowski, Mollie Menuck and Emily Williams perform “Mama, I’m a Big Girl Now” from Hairspray.

Sophomore Ava Meyer performs “Beautiful City” from the musical Godspell.

The show concludes with the cast sporting their Camp Casey shirts and singing “You’ll be in my Heart” from Tarzan.

All photos taken by Riya Doshi.