• Follow us on Instagram @bloomfieldhawkeye
  • Follow us on twitter @thehawkeyenews
The Student News Site of Bloomfield Hills High School

BHHS Today

BHHS Today

BHHS Today

Detroit Lions’ Success

Mike Boening

It’s been a good start to the 2023-2024 football season for the Detroit Lions, with their record sitting at 5-1 (one of the best in the NFL). If they continue to keep this up, they could soon be NFC North divisional champions, which has never happened before. After several challenging seasons in the past, the team and its fans can only hope that this year will be different, and with the many improvements made, it is very possible. 

One of the most influential factors for this success is the coaching, which has drastically improved over the years. Head coach Dan Campbell has led a Detroit revival due to his ability to create toughness on the field as well as create new playmakers on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. Ben Johnson (offensive coordinator), has really done a great job with the Lions offense, which are now ranked 3rd in the NFL. Similarly, the Defensive Coordinator, Aaron Glenn, has also produced a strong and well-rounded defense, which ranks 7th out of 32.

Obviously coaches cannot produce the outcome of the games, which is where the players come into the picture. Star quarterback Jared Goff has led the Lions to their amazing record, racking up many statistics along the way. He has 1617 passing yards in only 6 games, along with 11 passing touchdowns, ranking him 5th in the NFL. David Montgomery and Jahmyr Gibbs (1st round pick), lead the running game for the team, and Amon-Ra St. Brown (WR1) is displayed as one of the best wide receivers in the whole league. Not to mention the offensive and defensive lines are among the best in the entirety of the NFL as well, producing a dangerous aspect for opponents. 

All in all, the Lions success consists of many different factors, and together they win games and bring joy to the fans. The future looks bright for this team, and we can only hope that they will continue on this path to victory. All we know for now is that this season will definitely be one to remember, and with one of the greatest starts in franchise history, who knows what may be to come.