BHHS Today

Filed under Feature, Opinion

Importance of Live Theatre

I’m Sofi K with a WBFH editorial.

With the technology reliable society we live in, providing us with limitless free entertainment, some may argue that live theater is too expensive, old-fashioned, doesn’t come with snacks, just not worth the effort. Well, that’s just crazy talk. Personally, I cannot see a world without live theater. I have been an avid patron of the theater since I was a little girl. The adrenalin and rush of viewing a live show can simply not be replaced by viewing entertainment through a pixelated screen. You cannot immerse yourself in the action of the small screen. But in theater, you have a treat for the senses; lights, music, and the satisfaction of three-dimensional human connection, an experience unlike any other. So the next time you have the opportunity, take advantage of it and see a live theater production!

The views expressed are not necessarily those of WBFH, its management, staff, or the Bloomfield Hills school district. I’m Sofi K, keep listening to the Biff.

About the Contributor
Sophia Washer, Co-Student Content Manager

Nobody knows show business like Sophia Washer! Probably because by night she goes by her stage name, Sofi K! She has been on WBFH staff one previous semester...

1 Comment

One Response to “Importance of Live Theatre”

1. Moira Blythe on April 25th, 2018 9:59 am

My husband has always loved the theater, and I’ve never really been. I appreciate your advice that going to the theater is nothing like going to see a movie. I love the idea that watching real people perform in real time is so exhilarating! http://www.capitoltheatretn.com/

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.